Birth - 6 months: Breastmilk only
- pureed fruits and vegetables (carrot, pear, avocado) - one at a time
- whole grains like milled brown rice to make a "cereal" or barley in a "soup"
- egg yolk
- slightly more texture
- meats, beans, egg whites, shellfish, nuts that aren't peanuts (if no history of allergy)
- natural yogurt
- more texture
- anything under the sun, still going by the "try one new food every 3 days" rule, while still avoiding: peanuts, honey, cow's milk & any choking hazards like whole grapes
- bite-sized foods as long as they are soft enough to chew
- textured foods like vegetarian chili and whole grain cucumber sandwiches
- peanuts - monitor reaction!
When weaned from breastmilk: milk of your choice (try goat!)